Pain Management Naturally
Chronic pain affects more Americans than diabetes, heart disease, and cancer combined. Chronic or acute pain can take many forms, from an occasional stabbing or throbbing feeling to a steady pain that won’t go away. Each type of chronic or acute pain has a different cause. Determining the cause and what type of pain you have, is the key in the successful reduction and/or elimination of your pain. Drug-free, hands-on, chronic pain management interventions, are the cornerstones of the success that Power In Motion has achieved, in restoring the quality of life our patients have longed for.
Another way to define chronic or acute pain is based on what source in the body is causing the pain. These kinds of pain can be either chronic or acute, and typically fall into one of the following categories:
- Neuropathic pain. The pain is burning, feels like a dagger, or the feeling is associated with numbness, pins & needles or tingling.
- Radicular pain. A type of neuropathic pain due to pressure or compression on nerve roots, causing pain to travel directly down the path of the nerve into the arms or legs.
- Somatic pain. Is caused by the stimulation of pain receptors on either the surface of the body or in the musculoskeletal tissues inside the body. The source of pain can be tissues such as the skin, muscle, tendons, bones, and ligaments.
- Myofascial pain. A type of somatic pain which is the most underdiagnosed and overlooked pain that we can experience. Myofascial pain involves muscles and soft tissues. It can include either a single muscle or an entire muscle group.
- Visceral pain. This form of pain is related to the internal organs of the body’s main cavities, such as the heart, lungs, bladder, and other organs. It can be a more vague kind of pain that can be harder to treat, if a physical therapist is not trained and skilled in Visceral Mobilization skills.
Once your doctor and physical therapist have identified the cause of your particular type of chronic pain, our alternative, complementary and hand-on integrative therapies have proven to be remarkably successful in the reduction and or the elimination of your chronic or acute pain and suffering.
For more information, Contact Power In Motion today at Libertyville, IL Center.