Cathleen is a 1985 graduate of Northwestern University School of Medicine earning a BS degree in Physical Therapy. She has completed level 1 and 2 certifications with the International School of Detoxification with Dr. Robert Morse in Florida. She also completed her BA at Augustana College with majors in Biology and pre-Physical Therapy.
Cathleen has been a successful business owner for over 20 years. During the course of her 33-year career, she has worked in various settings including the Chicago Institute of Neurosurgery and Neuroresearch, Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago, and the Cancer Treatment Centers of America. She spent 10 years in Northern California doing manual therapy for the Kaiser Permanente facilities along with a Sacramento Sports medicine clinic. Cathleen is a certified Lymphedema therapist with Advanced Head and Neck Lymphedema Certifications. She has over 20 years of experience as a Neurolink practitioner in addition to advanced Craniosacral, Myofascial Release, and Visceral Manipulation training.
- Traveled to Australia to become Academy Level Certified with Dr. Allan Phillips
- Completed Advanced Visceral manipulation program with Jean- Pierre Barral
- Lymphatic drainage technique with Bruno Chikly and the Norton School
- Trained with the original founder of the Craniosacral Method John Upledger completing advanced level training
- Myofascial Release training with the John Barnes Institute in Sedona
- Completed a one year program in Australian Manual Therapy
- Completed Level I and II Herbal Detoxification with Dr. Robert Morse in Punta Gorda FL including iridology
- Went on a Spiritual journey to visit world-renowned spiritual healer John of God in Abadiania, Brazil
- Certified yoga instructor
- Completed training in Brain Integration technique in Boulder Colorado with Susan McCrossin
- Completed studies with the Emotional Melt Technique with Randall Robirds, DC
- Attended numerous alternative bodywork and personal development classes at the Esalen Institute in Big Sur CA
Her dedication to finding answers to her own health issues began after she suffered from toxic shock in 1985. She continued her quest to find relief from symptoms after being diagnosed with Epstein-Barr and Chronic Fatigue. She was introduced to alternative therapies and treatments in her early 20’s and continues to study alternative methods of healing the body and mind in the pursuit of finding the path to true wellness.
In her personal life, Cathleen has traveled throughout Europe, Japan, Australia and the United States. She lived and worked in Northern CA for 10 years prior to relocating back to the Chicago area. She has two children. Her daughter is presently living and working abroad in Seville, Spain and her son is in his freshman year of college.